The last few months have seen events that have been unprecedented in the memory of the current generation. Unprecedented – is now used so often that it has ceased to convey the gravity of what humanity is facing. The exogenous shock created by COVID-19 is expected to not only shape consumer preferences but also force high human touch industries to innovate.
OYO has actively contributed to community service by participating in three key initiatives:
- Extending quarantine facilities to governments and private hospitals
- We have reached out to several state governments to extend support by converting our hotel rooms into quarantine or isolation centers
- Providing OYO Hotels as quarantine facilities to Apollo hospitals
- Hotels for healthcare professionals & individuals
- OYO has started a worldwide campaign for healthcare professionals and first responders
- OYO has provided individuals an option to ‘Self-Quarantine’
- Embassy reach-out
- OYO has engaged with multiple embassies and diplomatic missions in India to facilitate accommodation support to stranded international tourists from countries like Mexico, Indonesia, among many others
Post Lock-down Sanitised Stays
As hotels start reopening post lockdown, it is important for OYO hotel partners to follow procedures that will provide better hygiene to their guests. Hence, they are launching the “Sanitised Stays” initiative to tag properties that follow enhanced hygiene procedures and provide a minimal-touch experience to guests.
As part of “Santised Stays” the brand will be encouraging their partners to incorporate the following:
- Proper sanitisation of hotels
- Ensuring enough inventory of masks, hand-sanitisers, and gloves
- Strict adherence for staff members to wear masks and gloves at all times
- Practicing social distancing amongst workers/guests at all points – e.g., check-in/out counters, minimum contact room service
- Requesting guests to carry their own luggage as far as possible (unless the guest is a senior citizen or has a physical impediment)
- Regular temperature checks of staff and also of incoming guests
All hotels will go through recurring audits for adherence to the above procedures.
- Properties which will clear the checks will display the ‘Sanitised Stays ” tag on their booking page
- Guest audits and feedbacks will be analysed to ensure continuity of the tag
In the first phase, it will be implemented in 1000 hotels within the next 10 days and, as the lockdown relaxes, aim to implement the measures in all 18,000 hotels in the country.
In the hospitality sector OYO expects consumers to look for an experience that is more technology driven, high on hygiene and provided by a brand that they can trust. In the post lockdown world OYO is confident that they will adapt to our consumer needs and continue to be one of their favourite brands.