Welspun group is proactive to the immediate global need for sustainable practices and share a cherished bond with the communities we influence. With a steadfast commitment to areas of Education, Empowerment, Environment and Health, Welspun works closely with the surrounding villages to touch, heal and better the quality of lives around the world. In everything we do, there is a strong commitment to sustainable development, balancing the needs of the present with those of the future.
A Model Village is a sustainable rural community that is able to generate and maintain the resources necessary to improve its level of well-being and happiness without depleting economic, social & environmental values. Welspun’s flagship Model Village Project was conceived with a view of transforming the living conditions of villages and rural settlements surrounding our factories in Gujarat and Telangana. Today it stands realized with improved essential infrastructure, tree plantations, sanitation and ready access to healthcare. And a pervading sense of community involvement and ownership.
- Gyankunj – Digital Education Program
- In partnership with the Gujarat Government, Welspun has taken up the initiative to digitalize government primary school classrooms and make them more conducive for learning. Gyankunj is a school digitalization program to enhance classroom interactivity & teaching-learning processes with the help of technology tools like projectors, interactive boards, computer systems, speakers, UPS, etc. Thus far, we have impacted close to 40,000 students of Bharuch, Valsad and Kutch districts, installing almost 220+ digital education software.
- Children Today – leaders tomorrow
- At Welspun, we are passionate about upholding every child’s right to a quality education. In addition to founding and operating three schools namely – Welspun Vidya Mandir (CBSE- English medium), Gayatri Devi Public school (Gujarat Board- English medium) and Gayatri Devi Ved Vidhyalaya (Vedic School) near our facility in Anjar, India, The Welspun Foundation also runs vocational and skill training programmes, to create further opportunities for the youth and lift families to better, more contented lives.
- Improving learning levels
- The Welspun Foundation, in association with the NGO ‘Pratham’, has designed a special Experiential Learning program to bridge the gap between learning capabilities in children. We continue to help more than 3000 students from over 35 schools through this initiative.
- Welspun is firmly committed to the empowerment of women, creating opportunity, providing training and fostering an environment that enables them to earn a livelihood and be self-reliant.
- With an aim to encourage sanitation practices in women and empowering them to earn a better livelihood, Welspun Foundation initiated a project on promoting menstrual hygiene management in the villages.
- With a clear vision to support promising sportswomen, especially those from challenging backgrounds, Welspun offers crucial support to young women fighting to break through into the highest levels of their sport.
Environment and Health
We strive for the best healthcare for our community while reducing its environmental repercussions. We want to promote and protect communities through a range of initiatives by proving clean drinking water, blood donation drives, improving hygiene and sanitation, and the infrastructure.
About Welspun Group
Welspun group is amongst the largest home textile manufacturers in the world with presence in Bed Bath & Flooring. It is the largest exporter of home textile products from India. Welspun is supplier to 17 of Top 30 global retailers. It has dominant presence in fifty countries across the world with a distribution network in over 32 countries including USA Canada UK and Australia. Welspun India has two world-class state of the art textile manufacturing facilities at Anjar (Gujarat) and Vapi.
The company started its operations as a small texturizing unit under the name Welspun Winilon Silk Mills in the district of Palghar in the year 1985. Six years down the line in 1991 Welspun Polyester India Limited went public with its initial public offer (IPO) and subsequently became Welspun India Limited. In 1993 Welspun India set up terry towel facility at Vapi Gujarat. In 2000 Welspun USA was incorporated as a wholly owned subsidiary of Welspun India Limited.
With sales design and marketing based in NYC Welspun focused on getting to know the US consumer. The company has amalgamated Glofame Cotspin Industries Ltd with itself during May 2005. During 2004-05 the company has set up a new plant at Anjar Gujarat at an investment of Rs.5.75 Billion. This plant was set up for the new product category bed linens with a capacity of 35 million meters per annum.
The company also commenced its commercial production of Toweling facility in March 2005 the spinning facility commenced its commercial production in June 2005. On 19 December 2007 Welspun India announced the acquisition of 76% interest in bath rug major Sorema – Tapates e Cortinas de Banho SA (Sorema) of Portugal at an enterprise value of Rs 60 crore. Set up in 1974 with more than three decades of experience Sorema is a leading player in bath rugs and shower curtains around the world. Welspun and Sorema additionally signed an agreement for marketing of products exclusively in Spain and Portugal and on best-effort basis in other European countries.
With this new relationship Welspun will have facilities in India Mexico Portugal and UK.In 2007 Welspun India started its strategic bedding sets facility in Mexico for 1.4 million sets. In 2017 Welspun India forayed into floorings solutions and smart textiles. During the year the company increased its footprint in Middle East Japan Australia and EU.
With a steadfast commitment to areas of Education, Empowerment, Environment and Health, Welspun works closely with local communities to touch, heal and better the lives of people around the world.
By the year 2022, the Welspun Group is well on course to become among the top two value creators in each of our businesses. From homes to highways, high tech to heavy metals, leading tomorrow together to create a smarter, more sustainable world.
About – India’s Most Responsible Companies
India’s Most Responsible Companies is aimed to create and spread awareness about the efforts being made by the corporate India working towards Economical, Ethical and Ecological responsibility. We invite you to be a part of this movement of enlightening India. Our show’s main aim is to celebrate the people (brands/companies) across India making a difference in their communities. The series is aimed to create and spread awareness about the efforts being made by the corporate India working towards Economical, Ethical and Ecological responsibility. We invite you to be a part of this movement of enlightening India. Our show’s main aim is to celebrate the people (brands/companies) across India making a difference in their communities. The motto of the show is that life is beautiful, and if there is something good being done, then it needs to be celebrated, talked about and introduced to the rest of society
For Series Participation : email@example.com