Avashya Foundation has been actively working towards empowering communities through various CSR initiatives. With a focus towards sustainable development, including economic, social and environmental, the foundation reaches out to thousands of beneficiaries through their work in the areas of environment, education and health. We strive and foster for the upliftment of the downtrodden and underprivileged sections of the society. This is the goal Avashya strives for: to give back in generous measure to the community that they operate in.
“I believe, as capable human beings it is our responsibility and duty to extend our hand to everyone in need, to make one’s life more enriching, healthy, educated, full of hope and dreams. Everyone can make a lasting difference if we just try to do something extra for someone who needs guidance.”
– Arathi Shetty, Non-Executive Director
AVASHYA FOUNDATION’S FOCUS AREAS
- Environment – Our focus is to introduce safer and more efficient solutions to ensure environmental well-being. The way forward for us is consistent innovation for environment conservation and enrichment.
- Education – We believe every child has the right to learn and excel in his/her preferred field. Therefore, opportunities should be made available to children to pursue education.
- Women Empowerment – We aim to promote gender equality in our society by undertaking various initiatives to empower women and make them financially self-reliant. Our endeavour is to raise the self-esteem of women and instill a sense of security in them.
- Disaster Relief – We help victims of natural calamities with relief intervention. We believe it is our primary responsibility to help people in times of need.
- Health Care – We support both preventive and curative healthcare in the community. Holistic interventions are planned to address twin challenges of affordability and accessibility in Public Health.
- Sports – We enthusiastically work towards discovering and nurturing talent to make the sportspersons of tomorrow.
About Allcargo Logistics
Allcargo Logistics is the global leader in LCL consolidation and India’s first and largest integrated logistics solutions provider, in the private sector. Creating services that are innovative and adaptable towards your supply chain needs. For Allcargo, logistics is not just a service but an opportunity to create solutions that empower businesses globally. A dynamic organisation with a strong network of 300+ offices across 160+ countries through ECU Worldwide committed towards creating benchmarks of quality and consistency to co-create value for all our stakeholders.
In 1993, Chairman of Allcargo Logistics Mr. Shashi Kiran Shetty founded Allcargo Logistics as a cargo handling operator at Mumbai port. Initially Allcargo Logistics was a shipping agency house and provided freight forwarding services. In 1995, ECU Line, an Antwerp-based non-vessel operating common carrier (NVOCC), appointed Allcargo as their India agent. In 2003, the company started its first container freight station (CFS) at the largest Indian port, Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) in Mumbai. In 2007, it started two new CFSs at Chennai (in Tamil Nadu) and Mundra (in Gujarat) ports followed by a second CFS at JNPT in the year 2012. In 2006, private equity firm New Vernon Capital Fund acquired 6.42% stake in Allcargo. In 2008, Blackstone GPV Capital Partners picked up a 6% stake in the company which was later increased to 14.99% in September 2009 by converting warrants worth US$23 million which the global private equity fund subscribed in February 2008.
Allcargo operates customized warehousing and supply through its own warehouses at Goa, Pithampur (near Indore in the state of Madhya Pradesh), Hosur (in the state of Tamil Nadu) and Bhiwandi (near Mumbai in the state of Maharashtra state). It has land banks in Nagpur, Indore, Hyderabad and Bengaluru of nearly 200 acres.
The firm owns three ships:, all registered in India :
- Allcargo Laxmi, 4186 Gross Tonnage
- Allcargo Arathi, 4897 Gross Tonnage
- Allcargo Susheela, 6204 Gross Tonnage
About – India’s Most Responsible Companies
India’s Most Responsible Companies is aimed to create and spread awareness about the efforts being made by the corporate India working towards Economical, Ethical and Ecological responsibility. We invite you to be a part of this movement of enlightening India. Our show’s main aim is to celebrate the people (brands/companies) across India making a difference in their communities. The series is aimed to create and spread awareness about the efforts being made by the corporate India working towards Economical, Ethical and Ecological responsibility. We invite you to be a part of this movement of enlightening India. Our show’s main aim is to celebrate the people (brands/companies) across India making a difference in their communities. The motto of the show is that life is beautiful, and if there is something good being done, then it needs to be celebrated, talked about and introduced to the rest of society
For Series Participation : email@example.com